Search
  • David Alan Carter

Quick Chart


The 12% Solution vs. SPY, 2020 -2021 YTD
The 12% Solution - 2020 - 2021 YTD

Before we scoot out of range in the timeline, I wanted to share a chart of 2020, plus 2021 through October 1.


In the first half of 2020, you can see how the strategy handled the COVID correction, basically by taking 60% of the portfolio into cash while the remaining 40% was stocked up on long-duration Treasuries.


By the way, the green line is The 12% Solution, and the blue line is SPY, our proxy for the S&P 500 index. Notice how SPY - the blue line - crashes and burns in late February 2020 while our strategy sails over the carnage.


It won't always be this pretty. The strategy will have misses along the way, to be sure. But protection is what the model was designed for. And the COVID crisis in 2020 is an example of strategy doing what it was designed to do.


That said, always remember: past performance is no guarantee of future results.


Graphics courtesy of ETFreplay.com.


Best always, David


-- Don't yet have the book? Buy it on AMAZON.COM.

-- View the subscription strategies at TrendlineProfits.com.


_____


60 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All